Saturday, March 8, 2008

Mike Pelfrey...3/8

Hey, this is really my first post, so lets make it a good one! I'm not gonna write a very long one right now, but I have a few thoughts on todays game. Pelfrey started out very strong going nearly two innings without any problems before things got rough in the 3rd. He looked like he struggled, allowing a 2 run double Followed immediately a 2 run HR. He left after 3 and 1/3 with the bases loaded only for our best investment, Scott Schowenweiss to come in an hopefully save the day(It's happening right now.)

But the thing is I don't know what to think about this performance. I know it's spring training so hopefully, he's toying with new pitches, and trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. But it does scare me a little. Since El Douque may or may not start, Mike Pelfrey could very well be our 5th starter. If we need to rely on our bullpen like we did last year, then so help us God.

P.S. Scott Showenweiss just gave up a bases clearing double....

P.P.S. Repeat after me - It's still spring, It's still spring.....

No comments: