Wednesday, April 29, 2009

OMG OMG FIRE MANUEL NOW!

Now, I'll say that I never had anything against Jerry Manuel, until he took over as Manager of the Mets.  To me he is pretty much just Willie Randolph except he likes to talk funny.  He still can’t manage a bullpen, a lineup, and goes with his "gut," instead of using facts.  I think you all know why he needs to go when you look at a game like this. What is going through his mind?

 

Bottom 9

Bases loaded

2 outs......

Any Reasonable person ever to watch a game of baseball - "I am going to stick with Castro,  He’s got some pop, he has two hits and RBI today and he is clearly our best available player on the bench.  Oh, and he has a Major League contract."

 

JM - "I think Castro might have too much power, too long of a swing.  I think the only reasonable decision to make here is pull my 8 hitter and show the strength of the Mets minor league system. "

 

We all know the results.  

 

Seriously, after the game, Manuel says and I quote.... "Santos has a ‘shorter swing,’” and JM believed that Santos would be a better match up against Lindstrom’s 98–mph fastball.

 

Fire him for that statement.  Fire him now.  It would have been way better for Manuel just to say, it’s Omir's 28th birthday, which it is, so I wanted to give him an at bat.  Still not good by any means but much better logic then saying Omir Santos, who has played 19 games in the major leagues at the age of 28, is a better match up for Lindstrom. 

 

This also makes me wonder, who in God’s name would have pinch hit for the pitcher? 

 

Give me a fucking break.




1 comment:

waldinho said...

Omir Santos should not have been batting, but at least Jerry Manuel didn't tell David Wright to sacrifice bunt.